3h Cooking Lesson, Min. 4 PAX
Born in Porto, the Francesinha is a gastronomic icon of the city, very much appreciated by both Portuguese and foreigners.
Created in the 50s by a Portuguese emigrant who returned from France, Daniel David Silva, it was considered, in 2011, as the 10th best sandwich in the world, by the North American website Aol Travel.
To the loaf bread one may add several types of smoked meat, steak and roasted meat as an option.
The biggest secret is in the sauce, which varies from house to house, and which grants it that very special touch!
Where else would it make sense to learn the art of the Francesinha, rather than the ‘Unbeaten’ City? Join Cook in Ribeira and come experience your hands-on Cooking Class in the right place.
Learn the city’s best kept secret!
- Wine and beverages included.
- Class is made up of 12 participants maximum and a minimum of 4 participants. We can accept different bookings until the lotation is reached.
- There is a possibility of cancellation the bookings if there are not enough participants to meet requirements.
- Portuguese Traditional Gastronomy is not vegetarian friendly. In this case we can provide a different dish.
- Francesinha sandwich and Sauce are based on meat and smoked meat. In this case we are able to safeguard the restrictions exclusively of Gluten Intolerant. If your companion is vegetarian, we can arrange a different dish not included in the practice class.”